1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like knitting with wool but the weather here is too hot, so bamboo comes up as my next favorite~ I like cotton mixes as well and would love to try silk soon. I really don’t like acrylic very much…
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
They are all in a huge plastic box organized by size. I don't have that many hooks but they are in a pencil case.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve learnt knitting about 5 years ago from a friend. I took a long break in between so I guess I’m a beginner pushing intermediate? :P
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, it’s right there in my side bar.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like lavender and fruity scents. I’m usually quite alright as long as the scent is not too overpowering.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes I do, I love sour gummi and candy canes.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I can crochet some amigurumi and used to do cross-stitch. Origami works as well. But knitting is the only one on my list now. I don’ spin (yet).
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Rock and classical work for me. I sometimes listen to bossa nova and ballads as well. And yes I can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love purples, blues, and grays. Greens are ok with me as well. I’m quite ok with everything but don’t really like pinks or bright reds.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with no kids. I have a cat, two dogs and three hamsters.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
It’s socks and socks now!
13. What are you knitting right now?
I have two pairs of socks going, the Leo for the hubby and the Kimono.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circs. Both bamboo and aluminum are fine; I’ve not tried plastic knitting needles but I don’t think I’ll like using them.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder, no swift (yet)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
It was 3 years old but I’ve frogged it. Now the oldest is about 6 months old?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! And maybe National Day too.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Um… Yarns? Hehehe. I collect comic books though.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I’d love to get more dpns in particular sizes such as 2mm, 2.25mm, and 2.75mm. As for yarns, I’d love to get my hands on some Wollmeise! It’s hard to get sock and lace yarns here. There's a skirt pattern i'd love to get but i can't remember its name now. hmm... I’ve got no subscriptions at the moment but try to get my hands on Phildar collections as much as possible.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Entrelac is next on my list.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I wear Euro 37, US size 6.5.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes I am! It’s ayumi.