Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Briseis

Mollie wants to introduce her friend, Briseis.

Briseis


Briseis is an 8.5 inch bear and is my first girl bear. Her fur is made of wool and is a beautiful rust color. She also has suede pawpads, just like Gordon. She's as unique as she can be! Briseis loves ribbons and flowers. So I made her a little tatted flower for her ribbon.

Briseis


As my latest bear, Briseis has the perfect nose. I really believe it all comes with practice. And I guess as with knitting, patience works. I must admit that I'm not a patient person to begin with. I'm only patient because I knit. And here, I'm only patient because I want to create nice bears. The process of making the Timothy, Gordon, Raleigh, Jazz, Franz and Briseis is so fulfilling that I have more bearwips coming up. I only have to keep reminding myself not to rush against time, and things will be fine.

So yes, Briseis made me very proud. :)

Briseis
Briseis
Date of Birth: 9 March 2009
Height: 8.5"


Sigh... Isn't she just so sweet? Here's the peering photo.

Briseis


And now there are six.

P3091610


I really need a shelf!! :P

3 comments:

Susan said...

So sweet! Maybe she can make Franz feel less worried. I love that her fur is wool! That's like double-dipping somehow.

And who is the blue bear? I missed meeting him. When was his birthday?

Valerie said...

hey 6 aren't enuff! more! they are just so adorable!

R a i n said...

More!! She can stand, that's so cool.