Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Unfortunately there wasn't any opportunity and the urge kinda ebbed a little... until (the wonderful) Lois managed to snag 2 skeins! (see her entry here)
Ack I can hardly breathe when I see this yarn. Here it is in Maria's Deepest Purple.
We were a little worried about the package since it took a little while. I guess the public holiday before that didn't help either. But the package was a wonderful surprise and filled with lotsa goodies for me and my pups! Millie and Mollie were not forgotten and had some treats there. I have a very beautiful coton yarn Catania, in a very light gray. That's absolutely great since my stash (if you have seen it) is generally purple and blue. (same joke about my wardrobe sometime back) HAHAHA. I tried the gummies yesterday (they are half gone now) and these are SO Sour! reminds me of the Sour Lemon candy I used to eat when I was a kid. And there's a nice purple photo frame plus, a box with nice and simple stitch markers! (hmm i wonder if my SP made them)
Here's another look at the yarn
Thank You SP! :)
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Turns out I'm as confounded as she is.
You're I, Robot!
by Isaac Asimov
While you have established a code of conduct for many generations to
follow, your demeanor is rather cold and calculating. Brought up to serve humans, you
have promised never to harm them, to follow orders, and to protect yourself. Living up
to this code has proved challenging and sometimes even drives you mad. If you were a
type of paper, you would be pulp.
Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.
I never read this as part of any of my Lit syllabi. So I can't tell why I liked it so much. I suppose a couple of my classes on the human-machine interface kinda re-lit the fire but hmm... I guess always had a sense of affinity for robots.
Confounded? Yep. Take the Quiz Here and let me know if you do.
Friday, October 05, 2007
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.
1. Did I tell you I'm claustrophobic? I am. And I have problems taking the lift or walking in certain underpasses. Just yesterday I was watching some travelogue on tv, and the people were going into a cave. I was nervous already. However, I have absolutely no problems in planes as long as I'm at the window (bestbest!) or aisle.
2. I wanted to be a Forensic Pathologist since I was 12. I stopped living that dream when I was 17 because there was no way I could do it being in Arts.
3. I DO NOT like spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. I also tend not to like abbreviations very much but that started to cost a lot on sms.
4. My favorite season of the year is Winter because it's freezing cold - and that's good for me. :)
5. I suffer from hyperlaxity in joints. Well. I don't suffer a whole lot but my joints are problematic enough to render hospital visits, tailored physio classes and the consideration of sleeping with a straight-jacket on.
6. I also have ezcema and have a lot of allergens (from dust and ashes to come detergents and soaps to seafood - which i love - and now wet grass!). But the good news is I'm not allergic to most of the other things (I'd like to think) and of course I'm ok with fur~. hehehehe
7. Um.. I like Snoopy. haha really~ I don't think many know about it especially since I haven't been acquiring Snoopy products like some people do Hello Kitty. But yes. I like Snoopy. Very much.
8. This is totally random but if I were a superhero, I would be Random. My powers allow me to randomly pick another superhero's powers in the vicinity. If you like, I can also randomly pick a fight. I've already drawn my character in the appropriate skin-tight costume. wahaha. (Actually I wanted to say 'I like to draw as well, and I often draw comic book characters' but this is more interesting.)
Ok! So here are the people I tagged.
And whoever would like to join in~ :) Have fun!