Monday, July 07, 2008

Knit them together

Supervisor: Everyone needs ample time to knit all the chapters together.

Ayu: Knit?

Supervisor: Yes. That's a problem many PhD candidates make. They don't knit their chapters together as one big piece.

Ayu: Knit.

Supervisor: (did not hear Ayu) Well according to this work plan you have, I don't see why there should be any problems. You will have enough time to edit everything and put everything together. When do you think you want to finish it?

Ayu: In another year?

Supervisor: That's fine. If you're done with everything by April even, you'll have enough time to see that everything is knitted together seamlessly.

Of course it was figurative, but for a moment, Ayu thought 'I can knit my thesis?! w00t!'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only can we knit our chaps together, we can do KFB, PFB, and whoa, a magic loop even!

louise said...

Hey does that mean I can knit my synthesis project together?

Susan said...

Hahaha! I can so picture you derailing like that. You are worthy of your stash.