So far I love wool best, but the weather here is unforgiving, so I tend to get cotton mixes. I'd love to try silk soon though. I don't particularly like knitting with Acrylic yarn, even though I make toys and Acrylic is supposed to produce more hardy toys.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My needles are currently in seperate little ziplock bags, and they are all arranged in order, in a box. I'm looking forward to making my own needle case though. My hooks are in a little 'Gloomy Bear' pencil case, which was a gift from a friend.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I picked up knitting from a friend and via resources the Internet. I also went to borrow books from the library. This was almost three years ago, but I've only recently been knitting a little more seriously in the past one and a half year. Hmm... I should think my skill level's around advanced beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup, the link is available at my sidebar.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I would say Strawberry. I'm also ok with Mint, Lavendar and Vanilla. Basically anything that's not too strong or pungent.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES! I love cakes and ice-cream and candies... Favorite? Hmm... I suppose the fruit gummies from Haribo would fit the bill! :) And Candy Canes too!
I don't particularly like chocolates though and am picky about them - I do eat dark chocolate
from time to time.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I used to cross-stitch and can do some origami. Currently, I'm more focused on knitting and amigurumi! I don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like rock! I have 2 shuffles and yes my computer can play MP3s as well.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I prefer colors that belong to the cool tones such as blues and greens, favorites are lilac and purple tones. Wine reds are good too. I'm usually ok with any color EXCEPT for Pinks and bright gaudy reds!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with no kids; we have a cat, a dog and 5 hamsters.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to make bears and toys because the pieces are quick to finish. And the end products are cute!
13. What are you knitting right now?
Currently I have a shawl, a bear, a toy cat and a sweater (more details on the sweater at question 17).
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes of course!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circulars (I tried straight needles once and didn't finish that project. In the end it was unravelled) I like aluminium needles (my favorite brands are Clover and Addi) because I'm quite a tight knitter.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I've got my winder! see here
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is more than a year old!! It's the Sweater I'm making and the recipient is getting a little impatient with it. But I've made more progress in the recent months than previously so I hope it won't be a UFO for much longer!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! (and perhaps National day!?) I love gingerbread and christmas trees and candy canes, and the joy of giving (and receiving lol!) Turkey and Ham and more Christmas cookies... mmm mmm!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I like collecting stationery like notepads and stickers from Japan and X-men, Dilbert and Sherman's Lagoon comics. I also have a collection of Japanese Manga on my shelves.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
At the moment I'd like to expand my addi needles set. I currently only have one(!) 3.75mm circs and they aren't easy to get where I am unless I shop online.
I don't have any subscriptions but get my seasonal dose of Phildar from friends.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
In the next year or so, I'll want to learn working with lace firstly, then socks.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet, but I hope to try in this year. I wear size Euro 38/US6.5 shoes.
23. When is your birthday?
7th January 81