Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Monkey

I'm back with a post!!

These are my monkeys.

Monkey


The pattern is great!! I really love it. I did change the heel to an Eye of Partridge heel with garter edges though. I didn't like the original stst heel, especially with yarn like KP Essential - I don't think it's a good idea.

Why? KP Essential is very soft and fun to work with. But the problem is it pills easily, and soon I risk having 'furry' socks. You can see in some of my pictures that it attracts all sorts of stuff (like my dog's hair for example) very VERY easily. I have a feeling this would make the knitted fabric not very lasting...

Monkey


On the other hand, I do love the pair as a whole. I love scrunching my socks when I wear them. So this pair makes me want to do that immediately. And here you can see me scrunch up the socks and the eye of partridge heel, which I think works great with the yarn's variegation!

Monkey


I did this pair of socks simultaneously on dpns. And there's a strange story during my knitting process. Please scroll directly too the bottom if you find the story too long.

So you see I left one sock (presumeably sock A) on the needles at the end of the gusset decreases. And I started to work on sock B. On the day I was set to finish ONE sock (in this case sock B) I took out sock A to admire. (really!)

And lo and behold, the two socks are of the same length.

Somewhere in between I had been working on sock A as well! I had initially thought it was strange sock B was taking such a long time, and I would take an equally long time with sock A - so a large part of my knitting was sprinkled with 'why why why why why'. I also occasionally frequently tried on the socks and wondered why it's 'not there yet'

So when I finally thought I was taking out sock A to admire, I realized it was time to do the toe. For both!

Whoo!!!!

Monkey
Monkey by Cookie A. on Clover 2.5mm dpns with Knitpicks Essentials in Tuscany Multi.


I'm working on projects now but I'm not talking about them yet. I've been too busy recently as I have a Japanese test tomorrow and I need to do good! (It's getting very tough but anyways) I also don't have my computer with me so hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures today and post them for some updates.

1 comment:

R a i n said...

Christmassy colours!

How was the test?